Starting with Swedish massage techniques to warm up the body and reduce tension, we will then incorporate some of our other massage techniques to address lack of muscle movement, areas of sensitivity and trigger point occurence. Moving from a soft tissue approach to a deep tissue approach if necessary. A bit of everything really.
This is one of our popular massages, chosen by clients who enjoy the wonder of Swedish massage but who would also like some firmer targeted massage techniques in specific areas of the body.
Swedish massage techniques begin this session and allow the skin, muscles and connective tissues to be nicely warmed up. Then we will target a specific area to apply some sports massage techniques to work a little harder on muscles that have deeper tension within and that are causing discomfort in day to day activities. Or, we may deem it more appropriate to apply myofascial release or trigger point release techniques to begin to target restricted movement areas that may be the source of recurring niggling pain.
Quite what approach we will adopt will depend very much on what issues you feel you would like us to work on. We will ask you questions about this during our initial FREE consultation. We will also encourage you to speak up during your massage to alert us to any issues you feel may be important.
All in all, our mixed massage provides a good opportunity to enjoy the stress-busting benefits of Swedish massage, but also provides you with the benefits of beginning to have tight or restricted areas worked on a little more purposefully.
This type of mixed massage very often provides you and your massage therapist with a greater awareness of how your body is working and will usually provide us with information to inform what massage treatment to opt for in your future visits.
As a result of arched back from my work, I developed ongoing pain in my lower back over the years.
It got to the stage where I didn’t want to keep relying on painkillers from the doctor, so I decided to try manual therapy instead. All it took was 45 minutes each week from Lara to ease my pain to the extent that I was able to do my own stretching and simple exercise routine at home and work.
Lara helped me to face my work each day, a much happier person and with a back that I could work with.
Contact Lara to book a Mixed Massage now
What’s in it For You?
- Rapid removal of built up tension in your muscles and soft tissues
- Immediately induces a state of complete relaxation in you
- more efficient flow of blood around your circulatory system
- can reduce your blood pressure
- can boost your immune system’s lymph flow to defend against bacterial and viral infection
- can improve pain management in cancer patients
- can promote digestion
- can reduce constipation
- has been shown to reduce the stress hormone cortisol
- can lead to a reduction in fatigue, anxiety and depression
- can reduce some of the effects of arthritic debility in joints
- can ease the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome
- helps your muscles carry out the processing of nutrients with greater efficiency
- your muscles will be more able to get rid of waste products and toxins that would otherwise reduce your feeling of wellbeing
- can relieve cramps and muscle spasms and can bring about a decrease in muscle fatigue
- can relax, soothe and tone your muscles
- can loosen your joints and improve your range of motion
- can calm and stimulate your nervous system
- Releases endorphins
- Reduction in pain
- Supports relaxation and improves sleep
- Alleviates the restriction of muscles as well as tension and stiffness
Book or enquire now!
Massage Clinic Address
Within Skin Geek
“The Red House”
0754 526 7822
Your body has the natural ability to heal itself. Our Massage Therapy and Sports Therapy techniques are effective in helping the body's muscles and connective tissues to remodel and realign. We help you get back to full function by targeting the root cause of your condition. But don't just take our word for it - check out our Testimonials section to see what some of our clients are saying!